College English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
College English Forum

A forum for students in Derek Brown's Comm1007 class

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Informative Essay Topic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamibear

Informative Essay Topic Empty
PostSubject: Informative Essay Topic   Informative Essay Topic EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Greetings flower

I am trying to think of a topic for my Informative Essay... confused I can't decide whether to research Acrylics (painting medium) or The Industrial Revolution ( Derek once mentioned briefly in class and it interested me)

Now I feel like Acrylics might be easier to handle than something as complex as The Industrial Revolution... affraid

Everyone feel free to comment afro

Thank you

Tami jocolor
Back to top Go down
romfri890

PostSubject: Informative Essay Topic Reply    Informative Essay Topic EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:27 am

Why not challenge yourself to something such as the Industrial Rev.? If you already know something about Acrylics maybe this would be the perfect time to learn about something new Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rebmon177

PostSubject: Re: Informative Essay Topic   Informative Essay Topic EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 pm

hey.

yeah, it might be neat to try for the lesser known topic. but you might have to focus it a little more. the industrial revolution is a pretty big topic, maybe it could just be a brief history, or maybe the industrial revolution's effect on _____________, etc.

does that make sense? i'm no expert. but derek did warn (a lot) about subjects that may be too broad to write about in a 1500(ish) word essay.

goodluck tami!!
Back to top Go down
Tamibear

PostSubject: Re: Informative Essay Topic   Informative Essay Topic EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Awweeee thank you guys for your feedback!!! cheers

I definitely want to learn something new but for this assignment I might have to be a bit more modest
and go for a topic that's a little easier to handle... study

I appreciate your responses

Tata Wink
Back to top Go down
shathu699

PostSubject: Re: Informative Essay Topic   Informative Essay Topic EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Well if your knowledgeable about painting I would say go for it!

But on the other hand I feel that industrial resolution would for sure be interesting and not only would you be learning something new, but it will also be easy to do research and write the essay in general

Good luck! Smile

Both are good ideas so i'm sure you will do great!
Back to top Go down
Tamibear

PostSubject: Re: Informative Essay Topic   Informative Essay Topic EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Thank you guys for the positive feedback...

I am going to write my essay on Acrylics, but definitely will meditate some more on the Industrial Revolution because I wonder sometimes how beneficial but also destructive it is for us...hmmm.... scratch

I shall get my answers... study hehehe

Good luck to you all as well

Baba jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Informative Essay Topic   Informative Essay Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Informative Essay Topic
Page 1 of 1