College English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
College English Forum

A forum for students in Derek Brown's Comm1007 class

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Informative Essay Proposal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kimmon827

Informative Essay Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Informative Essay Proposal   Informative Essay Proposal EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:54 pm

The topic that I am choosing to do my informative essay on is childhood obesity. This is an issue that affects a vast amount of children, especially in North America and that will be explored thoroughly throughout this essay. When and why did childhood obesity become such an epidemic in North America? I will talk about what classifies a child as obese and what the causes of childhood obesity are; is childhood obesity mostly genetic, a product of the child's environment, or a combination of both? What is the probability of children becoming obese if their parents are obese? What is the probability of children becoming obese if their parents are healthy? What role does the rise of fast food chains have with the rise of childhood obesity? I plan to explore the probability of a child becoming obese in North American countries based on their family backgrounds and based on the nutritional and eating habits of the family. I will also touch upon the possible health risks associated with childhood obesity, such as type 2 diabetes and multiple heart diseases, and what can be done in order to prevent these from occurring.

I'm not sure if this topic is too broad! Any feedback would help! Thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down

Informative Essay Proposal
Page 1 of 1