College English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
College English Forum

A forum for students in Derek Brown's Comm1007 class

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LAMFRI614

FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  Empty
PostSubject: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 am

Hey guys, I know there's a lot to do so I thought I'd get it started. Razz
Back to top Go down
alimon436

FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  Empty
PostSubject: Division of work, please reply ASAP!   FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 pm

I proposed that we divide up the work and start right away, I can do the 6 periodicals. One person should do the 2 films, one person should do the 2 electronic sources and one person can compile and edit it, and hand it in if it needs to be printed out! Please reply ASAP with what your taking on and post your work. Here are 3 periodicals, so far, please followthis format and use the correct citation format for book film etc..

Alisa Smith

Repphun, Eric. (2009). The Crow Was Standing on the Sky: Exploring the Secret Worlds of Douglas Coupland. Literature & Aesthetics. 19 (2) p.217-235.

Repphun discusses the importance of Coupland in the contemporary religious landscape of the Western world. He argues that Coupland has affected people’s life “outside the pages of his novels”. He sees Coupland’s work as being useful in studying people’s relationship with religion in the contemporary world in a culture informed by Judeo-Christian inheritance. This article is useful because Repphun studies the influence of Copeland’s work on contemporary culture.

Tate, Andrew. (2009). Douglas Coupland. Literature and Theology. 23 (2) p. 242-245.

Tate discusses a reading of Douglas Coupland’s 2000 novel Miss Wyoming. This article explores his references to Generation X, and Jack Kerouac as a representative of the Beat Generation. He argues that the novel portrays communicative and emotional immaturity especially in relation to ideas of postmodernism and irony. This article will be useful because it explores Douglas Coupland famous novels.

Jensen, Mikkel. (2011) Miss(ed) Generation: Douglas Coupland’s Miss Wyoming. Culture Unbound. 3. P. 455–474.

Jensen argues that Coupland provided awareness of discourses surrounded art authenticity and spirituality. He explores how Coupland shows that these discourses emerge from Western postmodern life. The article is useful because he engages with “the first decade and a half of work by one of the most innovative and influential novelists of the twenty-first century”.

Last edited by alimon436 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
alimon436

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Hey everyone! I'm not too sure how far everyone is doing, but here is my email asmith416@hotmail.com. Email me your email to communication beyond this fourm.
Back to top Go down
alimon436

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Here are 6 Periodicals. My part is finish and I'm not able to check back on this Forum, so please finsih your part and compile them, thank you.

Douglas Coupland

Repphun, Eric. (2009). The Crow Was Standing on the Sky: Exploring the Secret Worlds of Douglas Coupland. Literature & Aesthetics. 19 (2) p.217-235.

Repphun discusses the importance of Coupland in the contemporary religious landscape of the Western world. He argues that Coupland has affected people’s life “outside the pages of his novels”. He sees Coupland’s work as being useful in studying people’s relationship with religion in the contemporary world in a culture informed by Judeo-Christian inheritance. This article is useful because Repphun studies the influence of Copeland’s work on contemporary culture.

Tate, Andrew. (2009). Douglas Coupland. Literature and Theology. 23 (2) p. 242-245.

Tate discusses a reading of Douglas Coupland’s 2000 novel Miss Wyoming. This article explores his references to Generation X, and Jack Kerouac as a representative of the Beat Generation. He argues that the novel portrays communicative and emotional immaturity especially in relation to ideas of postmodernism and irony. This article will be useful because it explores Douglas Coupland famous novels.

Jensen, Mikkel. (2011) Miss(ed) Generation: Douglas Coupland’s Miss Wyoming. Culture Unbound. 3. P. 455–474.

Jensen argues that Coupland provided awareness of discourses surrounded art authenticity and spirituality. He explores how Coupland shows that these discourses emerge from Western postmodern life. The article is useful because he engages with “the first decade and a half of work by one of the most innovative and influential novelists of the twenty-first century”.

Greenberg, Louis. (2010). Rewriting the end Douglas Coupland treatment of Apocalypse in hey Nostradamus! And girlfriend in a coma. English Studies in Africa. 53 (2). P21-33.

Greenberg argues that Coupland explores North American cultural traumas from the Columbine High School massacre of 20 April 1999 to the terror attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C. of 11 September 2001. He states that Coupland’s latest novel abandons “his macropolitical revolutionary experiment in favour of interpersonal micropolitics”. This article will be useful because Greenberg explores two of Coupland’s most well-known novels.

Dalton – Brown, Sally. (2006). The Dialectics of Emptiness: Douglas Coupland’s and Viktor Pelevin's Tales of Generation X and P. Forum for modern language studies. 42 (3) p239-248.

Dalton Brown compares the work of Douglas Coupland and Viktor Pelevin in terms of their discussion on emptiness. Coupland implies a lack of identity in Generation X. Pelevin criticized the worship of self-image in the interstitial culture of Russia. The article asserts that “the authors failed to form a complete dialectics of emptiness”. The article could be useful because it tackles an important concept that Coupland explores.

Crain, Caleb. (2001). False Positive. Nation. 273 (14). P34-36

Crain reviews Douglas Coupland book “All Families are Psychotic”. Crain criticized Coupland work for having “aesthetically bankrupt” prose. He also states that “The speech rhythms in the book derive from sitcoms”. The article sheds light on the weaknesses of Coupland’s work.
Back to top Go down
LAMFRI614

PostSubject: GROUP 7E   FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Hey sorry i wasnt specific enough this is the Friday group
Back to top Go down
LAMFRI614

PostSubject: GROUP MEMBERS   FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Lammi
Gutana
Romaine
Ben
Victoria
Back to top Go down
romfri890

PostSubject: TWO GROUPS FOR OUR PROJECT    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:05 pm

ONE WAS MADE BY LAMMI AND ONE BY BEN SO CAN WE FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE TO USE THANKS
Back to top Go down
BENFRI145

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 pm

use this one.. its bigger lol

Back to top Go down
LAMFRI614

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:14 am

:/........................ okay thnx Ben Smile
Back to top Go down
romfri890

PostSubject: meet up    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:29 am

okay so guys we must meet up more then twice this upcoming week for at least an hour. Mondays im meet with my prep group would tuesday and wednesday work? Or we can skype as Ben suggested as well, just need to know so we have our plan.
Back to top Go down
BENFRI145

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 am

wensday could work
Back to top Go down
LAMFRI614

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Yea Wednesday is good for me too. Is the morning okay? Maybe around 11. Make sure to bring your laptops if you can
Back to top Go down
alimon436

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi Everyone, My name is Alisa Smith and I found out this week what group I was placed in. I'm not able to meet because I'm only at the college 2 days a week, but I did the 6 periodical on Douglas Coupland and posted it.
Back to top Go down
LAMFRI614

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 am

No, Alisa your not understanding. You take the Monday class, were in the Friday class. So you have your groups mixed up .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment    FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment  Empty

Back to top Go down

FRIDAY GROUP 7: Douglas Coupland APA Style Annotated Bibliography Assignment
Page 1 of 1