Annotated Bibliography Assignment
This is a communications assignment, which will require you to work with classmates to produce a single, coherent, well-handled document for which all group members will receive the same mark. You will also learn something about APA style.
• Form groups. Groups should have no fewer than four members and no more than six. You may include absent students in your group with the approval of all present members.
• Select a topic from the topic cup.
• Figure out what an APA style annotated bibliography is, and what it should look like.
• Find the following sources on your topic: 3 books, 6 periodicals, 3 electronic sources and 2 films or other source types. Encyclopedias, wikipedia and some internet source are not legitimate sources for research papers. Be careful selecting your electronic sources and when in doubt – ask (or use another source).
• Make your notes and assemble the sources into a correctly formatted APA style annotated bibliography.
• Hand the final, revised copy in.
Of course the challenge is dealing with the group. If you were to do this assignment on your own it would be a breeze, but this is piece is about managing a task through communication. You will have to be in contact with one another, you will have to delegate and you will have to collate your work and turn it into a single seamless document. There are many ways to achieve this so some strategic thinking at the beginning of the process is crucial. You will be given time in (from) class to get your work started. The finished, final draft is due at the beginning of class in week 11. There is a self and group assessment component that will take place in class that week. This is not optional. If the assessment piece is not completed by each student he or she will lose 2 marks from the grade given to the group.