Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-09-13
|Subject: Exam Framework - Date of Exam: Friday, December 14th, 2012 Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 pm|| |
This post is going to include relevant information pertaining to the exam.
1. Read the two articles.
- The Most Offensive Commercial Every Produced
- What a Certain Visionary Once Said
- You may print these articles from the links that are provided in the posts on this forum.
- You may make notes in the margins of the face side of the page only
- Notes may NOT be full sentences - POINT FORM ONLY (VERY CRUCIAL)
YOU MAY RECIEVE A MARK OF ZERO IF YOU WRITE ANY FULL SENTENCES
- You may bring a paper dictionary and a paper thesaurus. (Recommended)
- No other material will be allowed.
- Paper will be provided.
2. ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING THE EXAM. ANY USAGE OF AN ELECTRONIC DEVICE WILL RESULT IN A MARK OF ZERO. THIS INCLUDES ANY BEEPING, NOISES, ECT, THAT IS MADE FROM THE PHONE.
- No talking
- Its either you are going to be present at the exam or you are not present at the exam. IF YOU ARRIVE LATE, YOU MAY NOT ENTER THE EXAM ROOM. THE DOOR WILL BE LOCKED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. IMPORTANT - EXAM PREPARATION
These are the steps that were outlined in class on how to construct and complete the essay for the exam.
i. Pre-Writing (PLAN) (30 min - 1 Hour)
This includes brainstorming which is crucial to the framework of your essay.
It is recommended you use a semantic web. This means writing your man idea in the middle of a paper and writing any thought that comes to mind. Reread to correct and if you see a pattern of repetitive words, you may indicate to yourself, that you can use that topic. You may brainstorm with this method, for as many times as you like. (3 Times Recommended)
- Next would be to formulate your thesis statement. Of course you need a topic + controlling idea.
ii. Writing (Pencil or Pen) (30 min)
- It is recommended that you write 1 PARAGRAPH PER PAGE. When you arrange it like that, you may rearrange the topics in any order you desire. For example, you want to change your first topic on your first paragraph to your last topic to the last paragraph, you just switch the sheets around.
- Of course it is written double spaced
- In text citations are REQUIRED.
- Remember to print only one page for the Thompson Highway Piece and The Most Offensive Commercial Ever Produced as many students will forget to change the page range and print out a whole bunch of useless pages.
iii. Proofreading (IMPORTANT) (30 min - 45 min)
- This involves proofreading for grammar and mechanics errors.
- Reread each sentence and read them out of order. Also you can read backwards from the last sentence of you paper, to the first sentence to check for errors.
And thats it everyone. And Remember to pay particular attention on style/diction, and grammar/mechanics when formulating your essay.
I hope this helps!